Most nationalities require a visa to visit Myanmar. Passport holders from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam do not require a visa to enter Myanmar for visit up to 14 days. The current regulations for entering Myanmar are as following:
1. Individual visa
This visa is issued by a Myanmar Embassy or Consulate. An invitation letter is not mandatory, and it usually takes 3-5 working days to issue this visa. Visas issued at Myanmar Embassies are $20.
2. Package Tour visa
This visa is issued by a Myanmar Embassy or Consulate. It usually takes 3-5 days to issue the visa.
Myanmar’s e-visa online system is now available.
- Arrival allowed at Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw international airports
- Cost: USD $50 non-refundable paid during application submission. Visa and MasterCard accepted
- Valid for 28 days in country, single-entry. Travelers must arrive in Myanmar within 90 days of issue date.
- Approval letter will be sent within five working days. This letter needs to be printed to allow boarding of your international flight. Upon arrival, please go straight to the immigration counter. No passport photo needed.
- Children under age of 7 holding their own passports are required to apply eVisa separately and pay USD 50 for the eVisa. If your child is under 7 and is listed in parent/guardian passport and accompanying the trip, please fill up the minor information included in eVisa application form.
- Applications can be submitted at http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/.
your travel consultant for additional information.